foto (c) M.Iwanowski

History
Venue
Organizers
Call for papers
Presentation
Registration
Programme
Social Programme
Hotels&Tours
Sponsors
Links

 

J A B Ł O N N A   P A L A C E

 

Jabłonna Palace is a part of an 18th century elegant palace-and-park complex situated on the outskirts of Warsaw. Its representative rooms, stylish guestrooms, conference halls and a restaurant decorated with 18th century frescoes serving excellent Polish cuisine together with a beautiful English-style park make it a perfect conference and recreational centre. Formally, since 1953, Jabłonna has been owned by the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN), but its history dates back to the beginning of the Middle Ages, when bishops of Płock built a summer residence in the 15th century. Just over two centuries later, Michał Poniatowski, the bishop of Płock and brother of the last Polish King Stanisław August purchased Jabłonna from the Płock chapter and in 1774 had it completely redesigned by the royal architect Dominik Merlini. The complex consisted of three buildings - a one-storey palace in the center of the park and two three-storey side pavilions – one of them became known as ‘royal’ since King Stanisław August Poniatowski resided there. King’s nephew and later on Napoleon Bonaparte’s friend and hero of Napoleonic wars, Prince Józef Poniatowski, inherited Jabłonna in 1794 and stayed there frequently in his private suite on the ground floor of one of the pavilions. After Prince Józef was killed in the battle of Leipzig in 1813, Jabłonna was owned by the Potocki family until the end of the World War II. During that time the entire complex was transformed into a centre memorialising the Prince Józef Poniatowski and later it was redesigned and redecorated many times by its owners.
In recent years the role and the character of the complex has changed slightly. The palace has served not just as a museum and a conference centre, but it became one of the best known and frequently visited cultural and tourist centres in Mazovia.

 

 

 
     
 

      

Back  
web-site:  http://icannga07.ee.pw.edu.pl            e-mail: icannga07@ee.pw.edu.pl
(c) 2005,06,07  Institute of Control and Industrial Electronics, Warsaw University of Technology, last modification: 16.02.2007